Sunday, February 03, 2008

JFET

The current source between the Drain and the Source is controlled by the voltage across the Gate and the Source.

The ratio dID/dVGS (change in the Drain Current over the change in the Voltage across the Gate Source) is called the forward transfer admittance, symbol yfs.

To make an N-channel JFET work, the Gate/Source voltage must always be less than the Drain and Source voltages. That means that VGS must be negative. If VGS becomes more negative, ID will decrease. The voltage at which the drain current becomes zero, is called the pinch-off voltage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment and question on http://hamslife.blogspot.com. I tryed to answer it then I came over here and I think you know the answer. You have a good technical blog here and I would like to add it to my links on http://hamslife.com if it is ok with you.

Bill
WA6OHP

5:04 PM  
Blogger Shelton D'Cruz said...

Hi Bill

thanks for your kind comments - yes you sure can add my blog - however i only created this to jot down all my little notes so I can recall it later - I have taken electronics as a hobby so I am kinda also learning as I go. I started only 1 year back.

Cheers
Shelton.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home